This document is applicable to articulated extraction arms used as a local exhaust device in laboratories and comprised of a specific capture device (receiving, enclosing or capture hood, nozzle or flat screen) connected to ducting to move air from the capture device to discharge.
This document is a product standard. This document covers product performance type test methods. Occupational health and safety assessments methods are not included in this document.
This document specifies:
- a method to assess the three-dimensional capture zone of an articulated extract arms;
- a method for assessing the isothermal and diffusive emission release capture efficiency of articulated extract arms and robustness to a challenge of air disturbance directly in front of and in close proximity to the capture hood and release source positioned on a table;
- a method for establishing the reachable, three-dimensional workspace of articulated extract arms;
- a method for measuring the pressure drop and noise level of articulated extract arms;
- instructions for marking the devices and recommended information in the product manual;
- guidance for use describing the limitations of articulated extract arms for different airflow rates;
- guidance on selection, installation, commissioning, and testing of articulated extract arms and the associated local exhaust ventilation systems.
The test procedure for capture efficiency and the guidance included in Annex A and B does not apply to particle sources or point sources which release contaminants with initial velocity of above 0,5 m/s due to temperature, pressure release, work process or similar.
The scope does not include filtration requirements and impact of fully or partly recirculated airflow extracted by an articulated extract arm.
|Označení||ČSN EN 16589-1 (704272)|
|Datum schválení||1. 6. 2023|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 7. 2023|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||32 stran formátu A4|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|