This document contains safety-related requirements for high pressure water jet machines with drives of all kinds (e.g. electric motor, internal combustion engine, air and hydraulic) in which pumps are used to generate pressure. This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events arising during assembly, erection, operation and servicing relevant to high pressure water jet machines, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Annex ZA). All references to high pressure water jet machines within this document includes machines for one or more of the following industrial applications:
- surface preparation;
- material removal;
- readjustment of concrete;
NOTE 1 - List of significant hazards is given in informative Annex D.
This document applies to mobile and fixed high pressure water jet machines, in which the water pressure is generated by a pressure generator/pump and in which the maximum allowable working pressure is more than the upper limit fixed in the scope of EN 60335-2-79:2012.
NOTE 2 - 35 MPa is currently the upper limit for machines covered by EN 60335-2-79:2012.
This document does not cover:
- requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU;
NOTE 3 - In some cases, specific parts can be in the scope of that directive, but their application is not dealt with in this document.
- high pressure cleaners which are dealt with in EN 60335-2-54:2008, EN 60335-2-54:2008/A11:2012, EN 60335-2-54:2008/A11:2012/AC:2015, EN 60335-2-54:2008/A1:2015 and EN 60335-2-79:2012;
NOTE 4 - EN 60335-2-54:2008, EN 60335-2-54:2008/A11:2012, EN 60335-2-54:2008/A11:2012/AC:2015 and EN 60335-2-54:2008A1:2015 applies to steam cleaners for household use. EN 60335-2-79:2012 applies to high pressure cleaners having a rated pressure not less than 2,5 MPa and not exceeding 35 MPa, as well as steam cleaners and those parts of hot water high pressure cleaners incorporating a steam stage which have a capacity not exceeding 100 l, a rated pressure not exceeding 2,5 MPa and a product of capacity and rated pressure not exceeding 5 MPa.
- additional hazards due to the incorporation of high pressure water jet machines into other process-technology machines;
- specific hazards associated with explosive atmospheres, use on ships or ambient temperatures outside the range 5 °C to 40 °C;
- hazard due to the nature of liquids used for jetting, other than that due to pressure;
- hazards associated with the drives or specific hazards due to any heat generation function. However, the hazards due to high temperatures of touchable surfaces are dealt with;
- high pressure water jet machines which are manufactured before the date of its publication as EN;
- hazards due to noise for what concerns the declaration of noise emission values in the instructions.
NOTE 5 - Noise emission measurement and noise declaration will be dealt with in an upcoming amendment to this document.
Tests according to this document are type tests unless they relate to routine (informative) tests to be carried out during series manufacture.
NOTE 6 - Routine tests are described in informative Annex C.
Compliance with EN 1829-1 and EN 1829-2 provides the full requirements for high pressure water jet machines.
|Označení||ČSN EN 1829-1 (117911)|
|Datum schválení||1. 9. 2021|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 10. 2021|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál), připravuje se převzetí v češtině|
|Počet stran||52 stran formátu A4|
|Tato norma nahradila||ČSN EN 1829-1 (117911) z září 2010|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|
ČSN EN 1829-2 (117911)
Stroje pro obrábění vysokotlakým vodním paprskem - Požadavky na bezpečnost - Část 2: Hadice, hadicová vedení a přípojky