This document gives a method of determining the design value of the bending strength of glass. It gives the general method of calculation, and guidance for lateral load resistance of linearly supported glazed elements used as infill panels.
This document gives recommended values for the following factors for glass as a material:
- material partial factors, YM;A and YM;v ;
- factors for the load duration, kmod ;
- factor for stressed edges, ke.
Most glass in buildings is used as infill panels. This document covers those infill panels that are in a class of consequence lower than those covered in EN 1990, so proposed values for the partial load factors, YQ and YG, are given for these infill panels.
The action of cavity pressure variations on insulating glass units is not covered by Eurocodes, so this document also gives proposed values of combination factors, for this action.
This document does not determine suitability for purpose. Resistance to lateral loads is only one part of the design process, which could also need to take into account:
- in-plane loading, buckling, lateral torsional buckling, and shear forces;
- environmental factors (e.g. sound insulation, thermal properties);
- safety characteristics (e.g. fire performance, mode of breakage in relation to human safety, security).
This document does not apply to channel shaped glass, glass blocks and pavers, or vacuum insulated glass units.
|Označení||ČSN EN 16612 (701586)|
|Datum schválení||1. 4. 2020|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 5. 2020|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál), připravuje se převzetí v češtině|
|Počet stran||56 stran formátu A4|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|