- This document specifies techniques for the manual ultrasonic testing of fusion-welded joints in metallic materials of thickness >= 8 mm which exhibit low ultrasonic attenuation (especially that due to scatter) at object temperatures from 0 °C to 60 °C. It is primarily intended for use on full penetration welded joints where both the welded and parent material are ferritic.
- Where material-dependent ultrasonic values are specified in this document, they are based on steels having an ultrasonic sound velocity of (5 920 ± 50) m/s for longitudinal waves and (3 255 ± 30) m/s for transverse waves.
- This document specifies four testing levels, each corresponding to a different probability of detection of imperfections. Guidance on the selection of testing levels A, B, and C is given in Annex A.
- This document specifies that the requirements of testing level D, which is intended for special applications, be in accordance with general requirements. Testing level D can only be used when defined by specification. This includes tests of metals other than ferritic steel, tests on partial penetration welds, tests with automated equipment, and tests at object temperatures outside the range 0 °C to 60 °C.
- This document can be used for the assessment of discontinuities, for acceptance purposes, by either of the following techniques:
- a) evaluation based primarily on length and echo amplitude of the discontinuity;
- b) evaluation based on characterization and sizing of the discontinuity by probe movement techniques.
|Označení||ČSN EN ISO 17640 (051171)|
|Datum schválení||1. 7. 2019|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 8. 2019|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||44 stran formátu A4|
|Norma byla zrušena k||1. 4. 2020|
|a nahrazena||ČSN EN ISO 17640 (051171)|
|Tato norma nahradila||ČSN EN ISO 17640 (051171) z června 2018|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|