This European Standard defines the grades and the corresponding requirements for spheroidal graphite cast irons.
This European Standard specifies 2 groups of spheroidal graphite cast iron grades by a classification based on mechanical properties measured on machined test pieces prepared from cast samples. The first group deals mainly with ferritic to pearlitic grades. The second group deals with solid-solution strengthened ferritic grades.
This European Standard does not cover technical delivery conditions for iron castings (see EN 1559-1  and EN 1559-3 ).
This European Standard does not cover:
- ausferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons which are specified in EN 1564 ;
- low alloyed ferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons which are specified in EN 16124 ;
- continuous cast iron bars which are specified in EN 16482 ;
- austenitic cast irons which are specified in EN 13835 ;
- spheroidal graphite cast irons used for pipes, fittings and their joints which are the subject of EN 545 , EN 598  and EN 969 ;
- the grades of spheroidal graphite cast irons as specified in EN 545 which are used for products such as industrial valves, non-industrial manually operated shut-off valves and flanges and their joints, which are the subject of the applicable European product standards.
|Označení||ČSN EN 1563 (420951)|
|Datum schválení||1. 2. 2019|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 3. 2019|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||52 stran formátu A4|
|Tato norma nahradila||ČSN EN 1563 (420951) z listopadu 2012|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|