This document relates to a measurement method for complex permittivity of a dielectric substrates at microwave and millimeter-wave frequencies. This method has been developed to evaluate the dielectric properties of low-loss materials used in microwave and millimeter-wave circuits and devices. It uses higher-order modes of a balanced-type circular disk resonator and provides broadband measurements of dielectric substrates by using one resonator, where the effect of excitation holes is taken into account accurately on the basis of the mode-matching analysis.
In comparison with the conventional method described in IEC 62810 and IEC 61338-1-3, this method has the following characteristics:
- the values of the relative permittivity er' and loss tangent tan d normal to dielectric plate samples can be measured accurately and non-destructively;
- this method presents broadband measurements by using higher-order modes by one resonator;
- this method is applicable for the measurements on the following condition:
- frequency: 10 GHz <= f <= 110 GHz;
- relative permittivity: 1 <= er' <= 10;
- loss tangent: 10-4 <= tan d <= 10-2.
|Označení||ČSN EN IEC 63185 (353012)|
|Datum schválení||1. 7. 2021|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 8. 2021|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||24 stran formátu A4|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|