This European Standard specifies requirements for performance and testing of electrically controlled exit systems, specifically designed for use in an emergency or panic situation on escape routes.
This European Standard covers electrically controlled exit systems that are either manufactured and placed on the market in their entirety by one manufacturer or assembled from sub-assemblies produced by more than one manufacturer and subsequently placed on the market as a kit in a single transaction.
These electrically controlled exit systems consist of at least the following elements, separated or combined:
- initiating element for requesting the release of electrical locking element in order to exit;
- electrical locking element for securing an exit door;
- electrical controlling element for supplying, connecting and controlling electrical locking element and initiating element;
- in addition, these electrically controlled exit systems can include time delay and/or denied exit mode.
The Products covered by this standard are intended to be used for doors on escape routes, on either fire or non-fire rated door assemblies.
Examples of Products covered by this European Standard:
- electrically controlled exit systems designed to be used in emergency situations, where people are familiar with the exit and its hardware;
- electrically controlled exit systems designed to be used in panic situations, where people are not always familiar with the exit and its hardware;
- electrically controlled exit systems for use on hinged or pivoted door leaves only;
- a range of electrically controlled exit systems including those for use on double doorsets;
- the exceptional case of electrically controlled exit systems intended for use on single leaf inwardly opening exit doors. It is assumed throughout this European Standard that exit doors generally open towards the outside in order to ensure safe escape. However, there are cases such as hospital or hotel bedroom doors, classroom doors, etc. where building authorities allow, by way of exception, the exit door to open against the direction of exit;
Products not covered by this European Standard:
- any particular design of electrically controlled exit systems and only such dimensions as are required for safety reasons are specified;
- any other element of a security system, other than those directly involved in the control of an exit door;
- mechanically operated exit devices containing electrical functions that are not related to release of an electrically locking element. Such devices are within the field of EN 1125 or EN 179;
- electrically controlled exit systems intended for use on inwardly opening double doorsets.
Electrically controlled exit systems intended for use by the severely disabled; due to the wide range of disabilities, such exit systems and their performances should be agreed between specifier and manufacturer.
|Označení||ČSN EN 13637 (166239)|
|Datum schválení||1. 12. 2015|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 1. 2016|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||130 stran formátu A4|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|