The present document applies to Satellite Interactive Terminals (SIT) and Satellite User Terminals (SUT) operating as part of a bi directional satellite network. Satellite Terminal (ST) is used in the present document as a generic name that refers equally to a SIT and/or a SUT.
In such a network a Network Control Facility (NCF) is responsible for the monitoring and control of the transmit functions of the STs. These STs have the following characteristics:
- in the case of SITs reception is in the Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) frequency ranges from 10,70 GHz to 11,70 GHz and from 12,50 GHz to 12,75 GHz as well as the Broadcast Satellite Service (BSS) frequency range from 11,70 GHz to 12,50 GHz;
- in the case of SUTs reception is in the Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) frequency ranges from 19,70 GHz to 20,20 GHz and from 17,70 GHz to 19,70 GHz as well as the Broadcast Satellite Service (BSS) frequency range from 21,40 GHz to 22,00 GHz;
- in all cases ST transmission is in the frequency band allocated to FSS from 27,50 GHz to 29,50 GHz;
- STs transmit towards geostationary satellites with spacing down to 2° away from any other geostationary satellite operating in the same frequency band and covering the same area;
- linear or circular polarization is used for transmission or reception;
- the received signals may be analogue and/or digital;
- the transmitted signals are always of digital nature;
- the ST antenna diameter does not exceed 1,8 m, or equivalent effective area;
- the ST is designed for unattended operations.
The equipment considered in the present document comprises both the outdoor unit, usually composed of the antenna subsystem and associated upconverter, power amplifier and Low Noise Block (LNB) downconverter, and the indoor unit, usually composed of receive and transmit logic as well as the modulator, including cables between these two units.
The present document applies to the ST with its ancillary equipment and its various ports and when operated within the boundary limits of all the operational environmental profile declared by the applicant and when installed as required by the applicant by declaration or in the user documentation.
All parts of the indoor unit related to reception, processing and presentation of the received information except the control channel are not within the scope of the present document. The syntax of the control channel messages is outside the scope of the present document.
The present document is intended to cover the provisions of Directive 2014/53/EU  (RE Directive) article 3.2, which states that ". radio equipment shall be so constructed that it both effectively uses and supports the effi-cient use of radio spectrum in order to avoid harmful interference".
In addition to the present document, other ENs that specify technical requirements in respect of essential re-quirements under other parts of article 3 of the Directive 2014/53/EU  may apply to equipment within the scope of the present document.
NOTE: A list of such ENs is included on the web site http://www.newapproach.org/.
|Označení||ČSN ETSI EN 301 360 V2.1.1 (876043)|
|Datum schválení||1. 1. 2017|
|Datum účinnosti||1. 2. 2017|
|Jazyk||angličtina (obsahuje pouze anglický originál)|
|Počet stran||56 stran formátu A4|
|Dostupnost||skladem (tisk na počkání)|